Sunday, March 2, 2014

missed opportunities and gratitude

Relationships, people and missed opportunities are on my heart and mind. 

A sweet friend, fellow Momma, daughter and more passed away a couple of summers ago after a fluke accident.  A few weeks before that happened, I saw her at church across the room.  Her eyes looked so very sad and I thought to myself...call your friend and connect this week.  I never did that. 

My precious friend who passed away this week texted me the morning of his last day.  I saw his text and was busy at work.  I knew when I called him back I wanted to give the call/text my full attention.  The day got busy and I had in the back of my mind to call.  He passed away that night and I never did connect with him.

My texts, voicemails and emails are flooded with encouragement, prayers and wisdom from those who understand my heart and/or situation.  I have been in such a fog and have every intention of responding individually, yet I have not yet done so.  Today is a bit of a wake up call.  My heart hurts and my prayers are going up.  I am grateful for the opportunities I have had to have these dear friends in my life.  I am sorrowful for the opportunities I have missed.  There are many opportunities I have not missed and realizing this is a healing balm.

What do I want?  Which direction am I going and who do I want to be on my journey with?  My heart knows a little but not much.  I know I know enough to believe that my God is with me every step of the way and He will light my journey. 

This earthly life is truly but the blink of an eye.  Once you choose, you have chosen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment